About


WELCOME. WE ARE A TEAM OF TWO PHOTOGRAPHERS - AGA + MARCIN.

THIS IS OUR OLD BLOG...

WE MOVED TO PERMANENT NEW DESTINATION AT WWW.AGAIMAGES.COM/BLOG

We are currently accepting only few more commissions for 2009 so if you’re interested in hiring us, we'd love to meet with you, please e-mail or call us [917.584.9890].

Saving a human...

Monday, November 24, 2008

With the Holidays approaching quickly, I thought I'd share something I feel very passionate about- helping others, especially the ones without voice (in my case those are animals). Please take a little time to find out how you can help, there's so many ways...

I received this story from one of the volunteers from the shelter Marcin and I also volunteer at.

"Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering
apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I
had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she
wouldn't be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view
from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want
her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter
keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about
my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a
difference in someone's life. She got down on her knees and made
little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head
up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my
neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek
and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.

Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I
instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I
would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do
everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are
out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved.
At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today."

3 comments:

Anahi said...

awww...Im in tears now...this is a great post aga ! and loved luna's picture, beautiful story.
thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I am crying here too. I am going to adopt two kitties as soon as I unpack boxes in my new apartment.

Aga said...

Sorry girls, didn't want to make you cry! although I cried myself when reading it.
Gulnara, awesome! Can't wait for the new arrivals! you should read Anahi's story of Bella (http://anahiphotoart.blogspot.com/2008/10/meet-bella.html ) adorable-happy-end!